Sunday, January 2, 2011

Week 1 - Meal Planning

I like to plan my meals Monday through Thursday. I go to the grocery store on Sunday mornings after my morning walk around Green Lake with my coffee. This routine helps me focus on the upcoming week.

Before I even go to the store, I already know what I am going to eat. I pick out my dinners before I go, create my meal plan with my grocery list. Below is what my meal plans look like, actually the one below is the one I am using for this weeks meal plan. I always make a grocery list, it helps me to stick to the plan (otherwise I end up with things that I might not want to bringing home...like desserts). I don't usually write out what my snacks are, I try to give myself a little wiggle room, this week our snacks include: pomegranate seeds, bananas, raspberries, humus and flat bread (just for a few ideas).

Sunday

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday


Friday

Most recipes make a serving for 4, few like the linguine with turkey sausage and peppers base their serving size at 6. If you are trying to loose weight it is important that you watch for the serving size. Because there is 2 of us in our household, its perfect. We are able to make a dinner for 4, we plate our two dinners and the other 2 servings are put directly in Tupperware for lunch the next day. Doing this really seems to help us, once we have cleaned our plates it prevents us from going back to the stove and grazing, which we are both guilty of.

No comments:

Post a Comment