Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Wednesday - Day 3

Tonight we watched the biggest loser and while watching the show I thought to myself, who has the energy to do what they do on the show. I mean come on! I weight a good 150+ pounds lighter than the woman on the show and I'm exhausted by the end of the day.

Tonight's workout was back to the gym doing cardio, another 5 miles of running to angry chick music (okay its not all angry chick music). If you never have ran 5 miles on a treadmill you are in for a real experience, you don't pass any trees, dip down any hills or fight up hills, it's just you and the gym and two sweaty guys on each side of you (one being my husband) and there I am bopin my head to "Here I go again on my own" by Whitesnake. Its a real treat!

Life can sometimes punish you, even when you are being good. Have you ever heard of the Counter in Ballard? It's a burger joint and when you leave the gym in the evening and go out into the parking lot, all you smell is burgers. It hurts. At that moment you think, I can just pick up a burger and be done for the day. Instead we went home and made a healthly version!

Dinner tonight was Chicken Burgers. I would make these any day of the week. So good! The burgers were pretty simple; roast the poblano pepper and fry the onions, fry the burger and toast the buns and you are done. Instead of using regular buns I tried the new whole wheat 100 calorie buns, they were like crackers for burgers. I liked them! We added the rest of the arugula that we bought for the week and some leftover tomato. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment