Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wednesday - Parmesan-Stuffed Chicken Breast with a side of Lemon Orzo

A little background about me. When I was little and would stay home from school I would watch Martha Stewart on TV and she would cook, garden or do some of her art projects, they all looked ridiculously easy (I now know that they are not and no one has just colored twine around the house). I come from a rather large family, so my clothing up until high school came from K-Mart and often from the Martha Stewart line. When I left for college, from my mom I received Martha Stewart pink towels for my dorm room.

Many years later, I now order her Everyday Food magazine and have bought the 2 Food Everyday books and love them. I use these magazine recipes or the cookbooks throughout the week, I love them because they are simply to use, most often are good for you and use fresh ingredients.

Tonight I made Parmesan-Stuffed Chicken Breast, you can find her recipe online or in her cookbook. I know it says 55 minutes to cook, but I promise two people hungry after work and the gym can make it in about 35 minutes. The Parmesan stuffing is tossed in a bowl and then placed under the chicken breast skin and baked...that's it! The largest draw back is the waiting.

On the side we made a simple lemon orzo. A little olive oil, parsley and lemon tossed with the cooked orzo and you are ready to eat.

Great dinner, it was a little over 500 calories, probably closer to 550. Great dinner, please enjoy. I highly recommend this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment