Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tuesday - Day 2

Back into the full swing of things. Woke up, had my Via coffee (Carmel Flavor) with my cereal (Dark Chocolate Almond Granola, by Organic Cascadian Farm)... yummy. Decided to skip the morning Butterfingers. Lunch I had the leftover Turkey Linguine and a late snack of hummus on flat bread. I worked a little bit later, which can usually prove a challenge for me when I get home between being hungry and just wanting to tune out, I can think of a thousand reasons why not to go to the gym.

However, today was bound to be a good day, I got home threw on my workout clothes and went to the gym. Since Monday was a cardio day, today needed to be a weightlifting day. It was great, I doubled my weights on my Arnold Press and the side arm lifts. Totally proud of myself and tired, I went home to make dinner.

Dinner today again was simple and not very time consuming. I made Ellie Kreiger's Balsamic Chicken with Baby Spinach and it was done in a flash! Super easy, Ellie has you cook 4 minutes on each side. I think 4 minutes was a little much, I would recommend between 3-3 1/2. Remove the chicken from the pan and add spinach (we buy the organic, prewashed spinach which cuts down on prep time if you don't have to clean the spinach yourself), cook for 2 minutes. Once the spinach is cooked remove from the the pan and add the can of tomatoes, chicken broth and balsamic vinegar and warm to a simmer. Tada and you are done.

Both my husband and I agreed that next time we would like it with more spinach and the chicken could be cooked a little less. It was a good meal. I would make it again, it was simple and quick to make (about 15 minutes). It is low calorie meal, having only 353 calories, which also will make this meal very scale friendly!

Great alternative if you are thinking about running out and picking something up. This meal will be done cooking by the time you get home with the food (and your waist will thank you!).



No comments:

Post a Comment