Monday, January 3, 2011

Monday - Day 1

Waking up Monday morning's tend to be a little rough on me. It's the first day of the week and the alarm is going off at 5:45am. We all know the routine, wake up, go to work, come home, go the gym, come home, make dinner, shower, go to bed, rinse and repeat!

It sounds so easy, but like I said Mondays are a little rough for me. I try to handle it with all the finesse that I can muster; today was no different. After work, went to the gym and ran 5 miles (roughly about 500 calories, that easily makes up for the mini butterfingers I had for breakfast). Felt awesome once completed, felt like death while running it. ;) It really wasn't that bad, it was tough and a nice reminder how out of shape I am.

Tonight for dinner, I made Roasted Shittakes and Pacific Cod. It was yummy and for those that care, the recipe is fully guilten-free and low-carb. The dressing was what made the fish delicious and how can you go wrong with shittakes? You just can't! I would highly recommend this dinner to anyone that wants a quick dinner. The shittakes roast for about 15 minutes, you then add the cod to the roasting pan and cook for 8 minutes (during that time you make a dressing) and its done. It was super easy and yummy.

3 comments:

  1. The dinner was absolutely fantastic! The mushrooms are super buttery when roasted, and the cod doesn't disappear under the mustard sauce. Absolutely amazing. I can't wait until we make it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.wholeliving.com/recipe/roasted-shiitakes-and-cod

    ReplyDelete