Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sunday - Day 7

Sunday. The day before everything breaks into craziness. Sunday is my favorite day to cook, funny I usually look recipes that are all dayers. That way I can cook and lounge around the house, watching TV or reading a book. In my own way, its my day of rest.

Tonight for dinner I made Seared Fish with Crispy Potato, super yummy and you may notice a theme of super healthy (under 500 calories). Can't beat that!

It one of the those recipes I make time and time again. Although, really there is no real need to follow the recipe on this dish, I would just read it to get some ideas.

The tomatoes go into the oven until they start to curl on the side (she sprinkles them with a little sugar, honestly there have been times that I have forgotten to do this and I haven't noticed a difference). The potatoes are twice cooked: boiled and baked. You start with cooled boiled potatoes and you smash them with your palm of your hand to flatten them, coat with a little olive oil, salt and pepper and bake until crispy. I usually just throw the potatoes in a bowl with salt and pepper and mix rather than coating each individual potato (as the recipe suggests). The fish, is fried on the stove until cooked, my favorite part of the recipe is the crispy fish skin (sounds gross but it isn't I swear!). In the recipe, Martha (we are on a first name basis now) makes the green sauce by measuring and hand chopping the basil, mint and parsley. However when I make it, I just take out my mini food processor and throw the ingredients in. There has been times where I have not had one of those ingredients and I just throw whatever I have on hand in the mixer. It sure saves a lot of time;)

Love it~!

No comments:

Post a Comment