Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Chicken with Mango and Ginger with a Side of Corn Tomato Hash

Day 3/Wednesday: Chicken with Mango and Ginger. Tonight it was dinner for 1 and I was left to fend for myself. Luckily, all our meals are planned out and tonight's dinner was super easy. The chicken with mango and ginger was wrapped in parchment paper and baked for 20 minutes. The dinner turned out okay, if you don't like spice you won't like this dish. However, the mangoes with chicken and jalapenos made a perfect bite, topped with a little cilantro and lime helped mellow the spice a little. Even though it mellows the spice, I have to warn you this dish is SUPER spicy. The only flaw was the ginger should be cut into smaller sticks; they weren't as tender was I would have liked.

We recently had some friends over and my sister brought over some corn (we have about 12 ears), I was trying to figure out what to do with them. I decided keep it simple! I pan fried corn that I stripped from the cob, with red onions until they got some brown spots. I removed from the heat and added fresh tomato and basil ... I almost liked this better than the chicken!

The whole meal was a little less than 400 calories and delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Very flavorful dish. The mango does its job cooling down the jalepeno and adding some sweetness. But be warned: it's still a spicy dish! Would definitely eat again.

    Score: 7.5/10

    ReplyDelete